Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nemo Beach t Goony Island video

So its all done and dusted. The place is moved and everyone is playing there. I said in my speech at the party that I had no idea Nemo beach would become home to so many. It is a wonderful heartwarming thing to have created such a place loved by so many. Here is a video to describe what it is to those who've never been to Nemo Beach.



Some are asking why i used such a sad sounding tune. The song is by the cinematic orchestra and called "build a home". When i first heard this song last year it made me think about what i have built and the community that seeks refuge there from all the anti-kid sentiments. It made me think how the island has become more important than me, a place for regaining lost innocence, to escape the real world and return to those days of simple friendships, long summers and digging for burried treasures.....

There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills...
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust..
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home.......

And I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappears
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust.......

3 comments:

Tepic said...

Beautiful, truly beautiful........

Gemini Enfield said...

I like turtles....

lukusdukus said...

inspiring, Mr mischief inspiring...